IT’S CONTEST TIME!
Roller derby sure is amazing but do you know what else is awesome? Creativity, humour, and writing! Now combine that with roller derby and what do you get? A roller derby themed poetry contest! So send your derby haikus, limmericks, and poems to firstname.lastname@example.org for a chance to win cool stuff!
Get the word out, get your friends involved, and get clever! Make it exciting! There are no age restrictions on this contest!
This contest will run for the month of September with a winner being picked every week. Winners will also have their piece posted on Derby Frontier at the end of the month as part of a winners post! Make sure to check in on Facebook for announcements on what you can win: www.facebook.com/KevlarTheZebra!
WEEK 1 PRIZE: Whip It! on DVD and a gift certificate to Cineplex Odeon. (Winner already chosen!)
WEEK 2 PRIZE: A paperback copy of Down and Derby: The Insiders Guide to Roller Derby by Jennifer “Hasey Bomber” Barbee and Alex “Axels of Evil” Cohen. (Winner already chosen!)
WEEK 3 PRIZE: Derby pin set and a “Derby Spotlight” feature article all about you, to be posted to the blog next month! (Winner to be announced on September 23rd!)
WEEK 4 PRIZE: 8 Wheels of Death on DVD (Contest closes Sept 29th, winner to be announced Sept 30th!)
Eligibility and Rules: (PLEASE READ OVER BEFORE SUBMITTING SOMETHING!)
- This contest begins on August 31st and ends on September 29th.
- You must currently be a resident of Alberta, Saskatchewan, or Manitoba in order to be eligible to win. Submissions from other locations will not be considered.
- Only 1 poem submission is permitted per person. Submissions will be kept in consideration for the duration of the contest!
- All submissions must be sent to email@example.com. Title your e-mail “My Derby Frontier Poem”. Please include your legal name, skating name, and league name in the e-mail as proof for eligibility purposes. If you are not a skater then just your full name and location will suffice.
- If you are under the age of 18 you must get permission from your legal guardian in order to participate.
- If you are chosen as a winner you must provide a mailing address for prizes to be sent out to you.
- All submissions must be ORIGINAL pieces. No cheating! If you are caught stealing work from another source you will be disqualified and barred from participating in all future Derby Frontier contests.
- By submitting a poem you agree to allow Derby Frontier to post it on the website and Facebook. You will retain full writing credits.
Derby Frontier is also looking for leagues to partner with for future contest prizes! Please contact us about sponsorship opportunites today!